Welcome to the Travel Foundation website
The Travel Foundation is an independent charity working with the travel industry towards a sustainable future.
For businesses, sustainable tourism...
- reduces costs
- protects essential resources
- delivers greater quality & enriched experiences
- will help you compete in the future
What is sustainable tourism?
Sustainable tourism protects and enhances the environment and improves the well-being of destination communities, as well as the holiday experience for visitors.
Put simply, sustainable tourism means holidays that are good for local communities, the environment, holidaymakers and tourism businesses.
Our latest news
- World-first as Cyprus’s hotels take on new sustainability standards 15 Apr 14
- New Travel Lottery gets its first winner 09 Apr 14
- Seminar to discuss tourist hassle 18 Mar 14
- Travel Foundation blog launches 13 Mar 14